1. HOW TO ANALYSE A SHAPE
ON THE SETTINGS PAGE
- Set the sliders of the shape parameters according to your query shape.
- Press the CALCULATE button. You will be forwarded to a SHAPE INFORMATION PAGE in acccordance with the parameter settings.
- Press the RESET button to start from scratch.
2. HOW TO EXPLORE MORE OPTIONS
- Find related shapes. On the SHAPE INFORMATION PAGE click on one of the six small shape icons.
- Make adjustments to the shape parameter settings. Go back to the shape parameter settings by pressing the SHAPE TO MEANING button.
- In some cases there are more than one possible outcomes to explore. Go back to the SETTINGS PAGE by pressing the SHAPE TO MEANING button and click the CALCULATE button again.
3. WHERE TO FIND SEMANTIC INFORMATION
- There are links to information pages for every single parameter. Click on the parameter image to go to the information page.
- After pressing the CALCULATE button at the end of the questionnaire you are guided to a SHAPE INFORMATION PAGE in accordance with the parameter settings.
THE SHAPE INFORMATION PAGE offers following information about the set shape:
- An overview of shapes belonging to the same shape family
- Six links to related shape families
- Keywords associated with the shape family
- Quotes from scientific research papers and books
- Synaesthetic links to the matching colour shade and colour combination
On opening the SHAPE TO MEANING application for the first time, or on RESET, the values of the shape parameters are set to neutral. The value of those parameters are randomly calculated. The more specific the parameters are set, the less random calculations are processed, resulting in less or no other available options but one.
This is a beta application. Calculations may yield errors. If an error occurs go back to the SETTINGS PAGE by pressing the SHAPE TO MEANING button and press RESET.