We at CITY OF 8 run an online database called Design Semantics Database (DSD) and love for you to use it. We offer free full access to the data.
Terms of Service:
- Your agreement is with “CITY OF 8” or “we” throughout this agreement.
- Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you agree to become bound by the Terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the Terms of this Agreement, then you must not access or use any of our Services. If these Terms are considered an offer by CITY OF 8, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
- Use of our Services requires a DSD account. You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
1. Your DSD Account.
- If you use the DSD, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must immediately notify CITY OF 8 of any unauthorized uses of your account, or any other breaches of security. CITY OF 8 will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions. You will not pass your login to any other person, but you or your company/association. You may not sell your login to any person or entity.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you comment on the DSD, post material to the DSD, post links on the DSD, or otherwise make material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. CITY OF 8 has the right (though not the obligation) to, in CITY OF 8’s sole discretion, (i) reclaim your username, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the DSD to any individual or entity for any reason. CITY OF 8 will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
2. Fees, Payment, and Renewal.
- Fees. Our Services are offered for free.
- Fee Changes. We may change our fees at any time. When applicable, we may give you advance notice of the fee changes. If you don’t agree with the fee changes, you can cancel your Paid Service.
3. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
CITY OF 8 respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the DSD violates your copyright, please notify us by submitting a DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) notice. After we receive a valid and complete notice, we will investigate and remove the material. CITY OF 8 will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. CITY OF 8 will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of CITY OF 8 or others. In the case of such termination, CITY OF 8 will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to CITY OF 8.
4. Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from CITY OF 8 to you any CITY OF 8 or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with CITY OF 8. The DSD, the DSD logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the DSD or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of CITY OF 8 or CITY OF 8’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any CITY OF 8 or third-party trademarks.
We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
CITY OF 8 may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate your DSD account, you may simply discontinue using our Services. At any time you have the options to cancel your account on your Account page (PLANS menu). All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
7. Disclaimer of Warranties.
The DSD is hosted by WordPress.com. As such CITY OF 8 makes no warranties about the services provided by WordPress.com. Our Services are provided “as is.” CITY OF 8 and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither CITY OF 8 nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
8. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law.
Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of our Services will be governed by the laws of Belgium.
9. Limitation of Liability.
In no event will CITY OF 8, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: any special, incidental or consequential damages; the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to CITY OF 8 under this Agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. CITY OF 8 shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
10. General Representation and Warranty.
You represent and warrant that your use of our Services:
- Will be in strict accordance with this Agreement and the PRIVACY & DISCLAIMER.
- Will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CITY OF 8, its contractors, and its licencors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between CITY OF 8 and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of CITY OF 8, or by the posting by CITY OF 8 of a revised version.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
Unless any applicable law provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access or any use of the Website subject to the laws of the city of Antwerp in the country of Belgium, excluding its conflict of law, and the appropriate district for all disputes that arise from or pertain to the aforementioned, is the state and federal courts in the country of Belgium.
Thanks to WordPress.com.